Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Do Not Like the Cone of Shame


Sometimes, submitting your writing to your critique group can feel like this. The Cone of Shame. Misery. Why on earth would anyone put themselves out there like that?
Oh yeah to get better.
The cone of shame isn't just for entertainment (though it can be very entertaining for the dog's owner). It is for healing. It is for making things better.
So the next time you feel a little embarrassed by submitting your work to get critiqued, remember what the Cone of Shame is really for.

2 comments:

  1. It can definitely be a learning experience but, depending upon how it's handled, it doesn't have to shame you. I think I was fortunate in my online critique group because they taught me so much at the same time they showing me flaws.

    ReplyDelete